04/02/2008

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ah Paris! This weekend my friend and I did a lovely city break into Paris. 2 1/4 hours on the eurostar on Saturday morning equalled Paris before noon. I was a bit surprised at the minimal cultural difference between London and Paris. There was one, don't get me wrong - but not as big a difference as I was expecting.
Maybe because I'm not as shocked anymore to hear French. I even tried to speak it constantly. It was horrible but I did get across to an only french metro clerk that my ticket that I purchased that day said it was invalid when I had bought a one- day ticket and should be completely valid. I also fooled a patisserie clerk until I said the chocolate cake and he brought me back a weird version of a tarte.

Obvious highlights: venus di milo at the louvre, apollo gallery at the louvre, eiffel tower at night, notre dame inside and the flying buttresses. I'm a sucker for flying buttresses. patisseries. great parisian dinner. buying a purse at longchamp. having sun the whole weekend and gleaming on the concord and grand opera house. patisseries again. accordian player on the metro - he was good and played la vie en rose.

1 comment:

Liam said...

Hey, Nice photo of the gummy venus. That's a huge candy - on TV it looked so much smaller.

Related Posts with Thumbnails