Well I'm back. A bit late as this week seemed to blow past but what can a gal do? L2 and I headed down to Paris on Friday night for the second May long weekend. I'll talk later about the warped national holidays here. 2 1/4 hours and we're in Paris staying up to the wee early hours of the morning planning the next two days with L2's parents. They were kind enough to rent an apartment (clearly the way to go) so we hopped onto that. This time around we stayed mainly to the south of the river which was very helpful in actually seeing more and feeling the vibe of Paris rather than just jumping around. I enjoyed Paris more this time for sure and L2 and I have already started to plan the next trip where we mainly be in the north east end of the city!
We saw a bunch of the big sites but my favourite was definitely the Pompideau centre and the tomb of Napolean. I'm still getting nightmares from the Catacombs!

Me rocking out with another rhino. This one in the museum of modern art in the Pompideau Centre. I'm a sucker for rhinos and owls... oh and hippoptamouses.

L2's mom had yet to see the eiffel tower at night so we headed up this monstority of a building to the south of Paris and waited for it to sparkle. L2 yelled out tacky almost instantly. It was a quick (but definitely) correct reaction. Love this pic though because it seems like the eiffel tower is in some type of sci fi film (somehow!).

And the atypical metro shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment