05/10/2007

Jackie, dressed in cobras

Sorry for the delay. I really should just write on time and then I won't have to apologize. This week has gone alright - busy with job hunting, shopping, and an interview that I have to keep crossing all my fingers for, in hopes that it went well enough to secure me the next interview.

I also made it to my first concert. The New Pornographers, a band from Vancouver, was playing at Koko. I'm a huge fan already, so to see them live in London seemed pretty amazing. Don't get me wrong, they didn't disappoint - nor did the venue - however, the sound technicians did. NP is partly a great band due to the harmonizing vocal efforts by every member. It adds an unique sound that decreases your notice of their repetitive nature. However, at Koko - they blasted the bass and I could barely even hear AC Newman sing. Also, there was no Neko. Since I know she's going to be on the Canada tour, I was a bit displeased. Besides that though, I recommend going to see a band at Koko - it has the old theatre feel and it was relatively easy, despite the large crowd, to get to a hand rail to have good views of the band. I'll post a pic later of the band.

1 comment:

kaili said...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll take lots of pics when I see the NPs in Montreal with la Neko.

I'm rooting for you Shan, keep me posted!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails